23 February 2006

Perseverence pays off

After 2 days of either being at the wrong place or being at the right place but the wrong time, my persistence was rewarded. I've myself the elusive titanium vehicles.

After hitting OG Chinatown 2 days in a row and finding zilch, I quietly knew that it was going to be soon, that they will put up this wave. After a quick lunch, I zipped down and saw all the titanium laid out on the shelves like jewels to be taken. I think I'm the first ones around since they seemed untouched. Look thru and found only the ones I had previously. I cursed quietly, but my resolve is undaunted.

Talked to the sales guy and asked him to call OG Orchard. Once he told me that they were also displaying titaniums, I ran to the nearest bus-stop and in 10 mins was at Orchard. Doublestepping the escalators, I was dejected to see the usual pegwarmers. Luckily, I was still persistent, I was walking up and down the aisle like a predator.

And lo and behold, I saw them laid on top of some shelves. The salegirl was still unpacking them! With a blink, I helped her unpacked and helped myself to the ones I wanted. Paid up and felt extremely satisfied. Here they are. Couldn't get another gunship cause mine was the last.

Labels:

Comments on "Perseverence pays off"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (01 March, 2006 16:52) : 

Geee..you must have loads of time in your hands.
From Star Wars collections to 2 written blog site.
Splendid job i must say you have there..
Any vacancy?

From the Ya Ampunn person..

 

Blogger ... said ... (01 March, 2006 20:21) : 

ahhh yes , the ampun person ...

no,no,no ... its proper management of time :))

the creative juices is jus overflowing from my ears.

fyi, i was crazy about website publishing a few years back. I even had one site last time, but it just dissapeared.

Now, bloging jus kick started it again.

 

post a comment