19 March 2006

Review : Republic Commando Triple Zero


I didn't like it, honest. The story has little of their mission but big on their Mandalorian culture. Great if you want to know more about these guys but a tedious read if there's too much of it. And there's a lot of it, believe me.


The introduction of Mando'a language was good but too heavy. I read Star Wars to be entertained not to be educated in a 2nd language. I expected more action from the previous book but what a let down.

Since there was black ops involved, I expected it to be like ... errr ... the Wraith Squadron (a spin off from the Rogue squadron novels by Aaron Allston). Now that was a good mission-based storyline and funny too.
This book to me its not about null ARCs but about Kal Skirata, the man who made them his sons. A disappointing read to say the least.

Labels:

Comments on "Review : Republic Commando Triple Zero"

 

post a comment